Wikipedia is a great resource for content – it has millions of content pages, and they are all free for you to use. Crawling to Wikipedia can be useful for SEO and for improving...
A web pioneer and inventor
I happened to be a Unix sys admin in 1993 when I found a new software release: Xmosaic! I love to experiment new things so installed it in our network, next thing that happened was that I built my first website, it was one of the first 1,000 websites in human history, at a time that only 300 web developers existed on planet Earth! The next thing that I did was a HTML course to our staff, and soon later I opened my first web company. In 1996 (before Google) I developed a multi-language search engine and in 1999 I sold it for good money. Since then I’m leading international scale projects, startups and entrepreneurs while inventing new things.
Eran is a biblical name – meaning “Awake”. “Ben-Shahar” is a surname from Isaiah’s prophecy, referring to Hillel, an angel that inspired spiritual light upon human beings. In modern Hebrew “Ben-Shahar” is used for “dawn”. Like native Indians and other indigenous people, the Hebrew names would usually relate to a subject (an animal for instance) or to a spiritual state of mind, so the meaning of “Eran Ben-Shahar” is: “Aware person, son of dawn”. I’m a theoretical physicist, a humanist, an inventor and a traveler. Welcome to my blog.
- Goodbye Google – how and why to get off Google Products
- Startups documents – templates pack
- Startups need (not) to learn from chimpanzees
- Object Oriented Programming is usually not the best choice, especially not good for startups
- Installation of RoundCube mail client on Linux
- Add a new sender domain to an existing POSTFIX mail server – a step by step guide
- Build your own outgoing mail server on Linux
- Collaboration: the one thing that all startups need to improve and do
- Raspberry Pi Tutorials
- Some tips on how stop feeding the Google and Facebook monsters
- How to prepare the best startup pitch for investors
- How to configure WordPress to automatically install plugins and themes without FTP
- How to earn engagement in Social Media group posts
- How to improve the way you pitch angel investors
- Russia is (not) the mother of all evil
- The role of a CTO
- How come Israelis are so good with startups?
- Configure a website server on Apache – quickguide
- LAMP Stack Server Build Quick Guide
- Best practice for responsive web designs
- Backend to frontend good practice web development
- How Facebook spy after you even when you are not on Facebook
- Scalable Web by Stateless Development
- How to prevent Authors from editing or deleting WordPress posts
- How to crawl to millions of Wikipedia pages
- How to change folders of a WordPress blog
- Build your own Social Share Widget
- Facebook Workplace Review
- The Marble Palace in Saint Petersburg (must see)